GPD XD Plus handheld Android game console launched about nearly one year ago with a MediaTek MT8176 hexa-core Arm Cortex-A72/A53 processor, and a 5.0″ display, and is now sold for under $210. But there’s now another portable game console that appears heavily inspired from GPD design, but featuring a low end MediaTek MT8163 quad core Cortex A53 processor instead, as well as a slightly larger 5.5″ display. Meet POWKIDDY X18.
- SoC – MediaTek MT8163 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.3GHz with Arm Mali-T720 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, microSD card
- Display – 5.5″ IPS Screen with 1280 x 720 resolution, 5-point capacitive touchscreen
- Video Output – HDMI port
- Connectivity – WiFi 4 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth: 4.0
- USB – 1x micro USB port (for charging only?)
- Buttons – Power button, D-Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L1/L2/R1/R2, left & right joysticks, Start & Select buttons, Volume +/-, Keymap, Task manager, Home, and Back buttons
- Battery – 5,500 mAh Li-ion battery
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 14.50 x 14.50 x 2.40 cm
- Weight – 300 grams
The console runs Android 7.1, and ships with a Chinese and English Manual, and a data cable. I was first informed the console was listed on GeekBuying for $139.99, but you’ll also find it on GearBest and Aliexpress for $120 and up shipped.
Somebody already published a video review of the game console, and the conclusion is that while the quality is not that good, but overall the device fairly good for the price with a good display, and you may consider it
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.